The City of Port Orchard has partnered with SCJ Alliance to conduct a corridor study for both Sedgwick Road and Bethel Road which builds on previous and on-going planning efforts to develop a comprehensive plan for these critical development corridors. The overarching objective of this study is to develop a conceptual corridor design that improves mobility and supports growth in the area.
The study will provide recommendations for both SE Sedgwick Road (SR 160) between SR 16 and Bethel Road SE and Bethel Road SE between SE Sedgwick Road and the Mile Hill Drive roundabout. Consideration will also be given to the surrounding side street network.
- Conduct traffic analysis to evaluate future corridor and intersection operations, taking into consideration background growth and future development
- Consider access management treatments and new side street connections to balance traffic operations and provide access to properties
- Carry out a comprehensive public outreach and stakeholder engagement process
- Estimate right of way needs, storm water management areas, and planning level costs based on conceptual design
- Develop typical street sections for inclusion in the City’s development standards
- Summarize the study methods and findings in a final corridor analysis report which can be used to leverage funding opportunities and guide future development along the corridors.
On October 9, 2018, the City Council adopted the final version of Bethel Road and Sedgwick Road Corridor Plan. Thanks to everyone who attended the open house, completed our survey, provided comments, and/or testified at the public hearing. We greatly appreciate your time, interest, and engagement in this planning process. Any questions can be submitted to the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Outreach and Materials
City Council Public Hearing
September 25, 2018
City Council Work Session
August 14, 2018
February 20 to March 15, 2018
January 16, 2018
October 23, 2017