The DCD Permit Center has a number of online permitting resources. This includes applying electronically, requesting inspections, reviewing inspection results, online payments, an interactive zoning map, and a pre-application guide.
We accept applications for all permit types electronically.
If you are new to the Port Orchard Permit Center’s electronic application process, please review the linked information to get started.
- Information on electronic submittal requirements.
- Information on how to submit electronic applications.
- Application forms are available for download on the Permit Center’s webpage
Schedule Inspections Online
Inspections can be requested and inspection results can be viewed online for Building Permits, Land Disturbing Activity Permits, and Right-of-Way Permits through the Online Portal.
If you would like to use this online service, you will need to get an Access Code assigned to you by the Permit Center. Please call or email for assistance.
Inspections can also be scheduled by calling the Permit Center at (360) 874-5533, or by emailing email@example.com
Begin an Application Process Online
We’ve launched a new online resource so you can gain more information about the City’s requirements before applying for a permit. The Camino Permit Guide provides guidance based on information you provide in the Guide, and through GIS mapping.
You don’t have to create an account to use this Permit Guide. You can choose to fully access the tool as a guest.
Use the Guide to better understand:
- What site constraints may be present at the property that might affect your permit submittal.
- Zoning information for the property. This includes setbacks, height restrictions and more.
- The minimum submittal requirements by permit type along with links to required forms.
- Instructions on how to apply for your permit with document upload links.
We currently have very limited options available in the Guide. Development is ongoing to create additional Guides for other permit types. Please check back later if you don’t find what you are looking for. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to share your feedback.
Make a Payment Online
After you apply for a permit, the Permit Center will email a fee summary to you. The summary sheet will include the information you will need to pay permit-related fees online.
Information on payment options may be found here.
Pre-Application Resources Online
Gain more information about the City’s requirements before applying for a permit.
- Port Orchard’s Development Code
- 2019 Public Works Engineering Standards
- Find the zoning for your property in the Interactive Zoning Map.
- What's My Zone? Enter a parcel number or address to find information about the zoning district in Port Orchard Municipal Code (POMC) Zoning Regulations.