NEW! Community Development Interactive Zoning Map
Check out the newest interactive tool to access property information!
The Community Development Department has a new feature that will allow users to view zoning and parcel data using an interactive map.
Are you interested in zoning information on your property? How about property you are looking to purchase or parcel data from Kitsap County? View the instructions below and click the icon to start viewing properties.
NEW! Project Status Update
Click here to view projects currently under land use review, projects approved for land use (not under construction), projects under construction, and pre-application/permit applications not submitted.
The City’s Department of Community Development is responsible for Planning, Building and Code Enforcement. To meet these responsibilities, there is a City Development Director, Associate Planners, a Building Inspector, a Code Enforcement Officer and Administrative staff. The Department also administers the City’s Shoreline Management Program. The City Development Director is the SEPA Official for environmental review of projects and is the Building Official.
- Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Coordinated planning with Kitsap County and the Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council.
- Land Use Reclassification (Rezones)
- Conditional Use Permits
- Temporary Use Permits
- Subdivision Applications
- Variance Applications
- Short Plat Applications
- Boundary Line Adjustments
- Enforces the Building Codes as adopted in Port Orchard Municipal Code (POMC) 20. 200
- Performs plan reviews and approves building permits