The City’s Department of Community Development is responsible for Planning, Building and Code Enforcement. To meet these responsibilities, there is a City Development Director, Associate Planners, a Building Inspector, a Code Enforcement Officer and Administrative staff. The Department also administers the City’s Shoreline Management Program. The City Development Director is the SEPA Official for environmental review of projects and is the Building Official.
- Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Coordinated planning with Kitsap County and the Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council.
- Land Use Reclassification (Rezones)
- Conditional Use Permits
- Temporary Use Permits
- Subdivision Applications
- Variance Applications
- Short Plat Applications
- Boundary Line Adjustments
- Enforces the Building Codes as adopted in Port Orchard Municipal Code (POMC) 20. 200
- Performs plan reviews and approves building permits