Police Department FAQ’s

How do I report a crime?

For emergencies, call 911. For police response to non-emergencies, call 911 to have an officer dispatched to contact you, or you may make an online report here: http://www.kitsap911.org/online-incident-report/

Who do I call about police related non-emergencies?

DIAL 911 FOR EMERGENCIES.  For non-emergency issues that may require an officer to respond or assist, please call 911. If you have an administrative inquiry, please call the Port Orchard Police Department at 360-876-1700.

Where can I dispose of unused prescription medication?

Unused prescription medications can be dropped off at the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office, located at 614 Division Street, Port Orchard. Contact their office at (360) 337-7101 for drop-off hours.

Where can I find help if I am a victim of domestic violence?

Domestic violence is the actual or threatened physical, sexual, psychological or economic abuse of an individual by someone with whom they have or have had an intimate relationship.

For help with domestic violence, Call 911 and ask for help, or contact YWCA Alive 24/hr hotline(confidential) at (360) 479-8500 or 1-800-500-5513.

How can I become a police officer?

Go to our employment page and click on Police Officer (Entry Level) to learn more.

How do I apply for a concealed license pistol?

If you are a City of Port Orchard resident who is 21 years of age or older, you may apply for a Concealed Pistol License at the Port Orchard Police Department during regular business hours. If you live outside city limits, you would apply at the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office, at 614 Division Street, Port Orchard.

The current processing fee for an original permit is $49.25, which includes fingerprinting. Please call ahead for fingerprinting hours. If renewal of the permit is made within 90 days prior to the expiration, the fee is $32.00. If renewal is within 90 days after the permit expires, the fee is $42.00. After 90 days past the permit’s expiration date, it is necessary to start the process over with an original permit. The fee for replacement of a permit is $10.00. All fees must be paid to the City of Port Orchard Treasurer’s Office at the time of application and are non-refundable.

Where can I be fingerprinted and how much does it cost?

The Port Orchard Police Department offers fingerprinting services by appointment for New/Original Pistol Licenses (city resident only), criminal justice applicants, and for certain licenses issued by the City of Port Orchard. Government issued identification is required (driver’s license, passport, etc.)  Fingerprinting fees may apply and we accept cash, checks, credit cards (additional fees may apply) are accepted.  Please call our office at (360) 876-1700 to schedule your appointment.  We do not offer fingerprinting services for outside employment.

How can I find out if someone is a registered sex offender?

Please contact the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office at: Sex Offenders (kitsap.gov)

How can I obtain my criminal history record or do a criminal history background check?

To get a copy of a criminal history record, or criminal background check, contact the Washington State Patrol at: Criminal History - WSP (wa.gov)

How do I obtain a copy of a 911 recording?

Please contact the Kitsap County Central Communications business office at (360) 307-5800.

How can I get a copy of a police report?

You may obtain a copy of a police report by requesting it either by phone at (360) 876-1700, by email to police@portorchardwa.gov, or through our online Records Center Portal

How can I reach an officer regarding my case?

If you know the officer’s name and/or badge number, you may call our office at (360) 876-1700 to leave a voicemail message for that officer.  If you wish to reach an officer via email you can send your request for contact to our general email inbox at police@portorchardwa.gov and your message will be forwarded to the officer handling your case.  Please provide the officer’s name, and/or badge number, and your case number if it is available.

Close window